Madelinetosh Hue of the Moment
|Availability:||Out of stock|
MadTosh already has a pretty extensive library of colors, but there's no such thing as too many colors. This is where Hue of the Moment comes in. Each month they'll debut a new hand-dyed shade (or shades!), it'll live on this page, and it'll be here for a short time before it goes away.
Each month, we'll have the Hue of the Moment available in both Twist Light (Plied 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon; 420 yards / 100 grams) and Tosh Merino Light (Single-ply 100% SW Merino wool; 420 yards / 100 grams). And new for April 2023, in their newest base and first foray into upcycled yarn, Woolcycle Sport (100% upcycled superwash wool, 329 yards / 100 grams).
- July 2022- Mood Booster. A bright hit of morning light, Zumba, and hugs from your coolest grandma rolled into one wavy colorway. Serotonin in a skein!
- August 2022- Everything on Pause. Relax, Lovies! Everything on Pause invites you to nap, read, eat ripe fruit, and make pretty things.
- September 2022- Shroom With A View. Food. Adaptogens. Psychedelics. Textiles. Biofuels. Fashion inspiration. What can't mushrooms do? Bright muses in all shapes, sizes and colors.
- October 2022- Frontier Stars. (Sold Out) Celebrating boundary breaking women everywhere.
- November 2022- Brace For Impact. Inspired by comfort food, Brace For Impact is based on the all-important question, "What does it take to prepare for uncertainty?" For us, it's a yearning for favorite tastes, and gathering around the table with those we love. We hope you enjoy this lovely autumnal colorway as much as we do!
- December - Dancing on Ice. Vintage ice skates. Angora sweaters. Circle skirts. Hot cocoa apres skate. And a candy cane. You can almost smell the peppermint and evergreen on this perfect-for-December pretty speckled color.
- January 2023 - Weighted Blanket. A Viva Magenta-adjacent color to ring in the New Year. January's dreamy Hue of the Moment speaks to our deep exhaustion and profound need for rest during these complex times. Soothe your nervous system, pick up hooks and needles, and feel the relief that comes from making.
- February 2023 - Kodama. Anime has taken the world by storm! So Madelinetosh turned to this Japanese art form for this month's color inspiration. Meet Kodama - an herbaceous hue inspired by the winsome tree spirits from the anime masterwork, "Princess Mononoke." Kodama are forest spirits that inhabit old trees and maintain the forest's natural balance.
- March 2023 - Sans Regret. This month's HOTM asks us to look at nuances. To not just swing between this and that, but learn about what's in the middle. Like Spring. Perched between winter and summer, it's the place of longing, vibrance and life - all mixed into blustery and beautiful days. No regrets, as we transition between grey shady days and yellow sunny ones, each containing multitudes, like this colorway.
- April 2023 - Pink Moon. Named for April's full moon, which gets it's name from spring's moss phlox, this color asks us to step away from our screens and indulge in the beauty of the world. Look for April's full moon on April 6th.
- May 2023 - Discotheque. Anyone else come of age in the era of disco balls and Qiana? This unicorn-of-a-color is a prismatic explosion, an all-out expression of MAD May at Madelinetosh.
- June 2023 - Unplugged. What do you want to unplug this month? Social media? Your phone? The dog? June's HOTM is a seasonal melange of peach, turquoise, taupe, and dots of sunshine that's all about taking a digital respite and biting into the juicy fruits of summer.
0 stars based on 0 reviews